High-range safety light curtains are optoelectronic safety devices designed to ensure the safety of personnel and prevent accidents in industrial environments where machinery or equipment poses potential hazards.
These light curtains use infrared light beams to create an intangible controlled area. When this area is interrupted, the light curtain triggers a safety response, such as stopping the machinery. The term “long-range” or “high range” typically refers to the extended coverage or distance that these light curtains can span. They are suitable for applications where a larger area needs to be safeguarded.
In industrial settings, these safety light curtains are commonly used in areas such as manufacturing, packaging, and material handling. They play a crucial role in protecting workers from getting too close to hazardous machinery, ensuring a safer work environment.
The range of ReeR Long Range safety light curtains is as follows:
Max. range Up to 60 m
- Safegate 40 mm (hand) resolution
- Admiral multi-beams access control safety light curtains
- Vision VX LR multi-beams access control safety light curtains
- Admiral 100 mm (body) resolution
- Janus J LR 40 mm (hand) resolution
- Janus J LR multi-beams access control safety light curtains
- Janus MI LR 40 mm (hand) resolution with integrated muting functions
- Janus MI LR multi-beams access control safety light curtains with integrated muting functions
Max. range up to 80 m
- Safegate multi-beams access control safety light curtains with or without Laser pointer
- Admiral AX LR DB dual beams system access control safety light curtains.
- Janus J LRH multi-beams access control safety light curtains
A typical application: Perimeter protection for access control in harsh environments
Perimeter protection is a combination of safety light curtains and physical fences with monitored gates. The objective is to prevent personnel from entering the hazardous area.
This safety system, particularly suitable for large surfaces monitoring, is often installed in external areas exposed to atmospheric agents and in harsh operating conditions.
Measures are therefore needed to guarantee the functionality of the products under all conditions. Watertight enclosures allow light curtains to be used in harsh working environments with exposure to water and steamed and external agents (for example: direct sunlight, salt spray, snow, etc.).
In the picture the installation located in the port of Brisbane, Australia in the “AutoStrad™ Terminal”. The safety solution in place is a combination of safety light curtains and physical fences with monitored gates.
In this application ReeR recommends the use of a Long Range safety light curtain with Dual-Beam technology and IP67 Heated Watertight enclosure.
ADMIRAL AX LR DB WTH
- Safety features: Type 4 – PLe – SIL3 – SILCL3
- Number of beams: 2 or 3 set of Dual-Beam
- Operative range: up to 60 m
This special model of the Admiral Long Range features an innovative Dual Beam System.
The Dual-Beam system decreases the sensitivity of the light curtain to small objects that could interrupt the beams unintentionally (i.e. birds, leaves, snow, etc.) making this product the ideal light curtain for outdoor applications in harsh environments like for example port areas.
The system guarantees complete reliability even in fog, snow and rain. The Dual-Beam provides extended beam power increasing the resistance to the elements. In addition, the IP67 Heated Watertight enclosure protects the light curtains from strong thermal excursions (and related condensation issues), salt, etc. allowing frequent wash downs to remove dust and dirt.
For more information,