The modular design of the Han 1A offers maximum flexibility for the respective application.
Han® 1A: Versatile lightweight new range of rectangular plastic connectors – ideal for motors and smaller loads in machine engineering and automation
The industrial sector is using ever smaller machines at the same time as the modularisation of plants and systems continues to progress. What is needed are compact, modular and robust connections for connecting small loads. HARTING is responding to this trend with the Han® 1A. The rectangular connector has a whole host of advantages: the connector is suitable for the transmission of data, signals and power, and provides an ideal solution for e.g. control systems, smaller drives and switch cabinet installations.
The housings, inserts and cable glands of the new series are made of high-performance plastic, which makes the connector a lightweight. The Han® 1A is smaller than all previous Han® solutions. In comparison to the Han® 3A – the smallest rectangular connector portfolio yet – the space requirement is reduced by about one third.
The modular design of the Han® 1A offers maximum flexibility for the respective application. Solutions for a wide variety of tasks can be developed from just a small number of elements. Power ratings up to 16 A / 400 V, signals with up to 12 contacts per insert, and data at a rate of 10 Gbps (Cat. 6A) can all be transmitted.
Depending on the customer’s requirements, the new connector series offers the right solution. Users can thus decide between a classic metal clamp lock and a latched lock already integrated into the housing. There are also two options with regard to the connection technology: screw and crimp connection.In addition, flexibility is enhanced by a wide range of useful accessories. Using e.g. cable glands or single- wire seals, within seconds the Han® 1A system can be transformed from an IP20 solution into an IP65 connector for harsh industrial environments.
• Low overall weight: Thanks to plastic elements, the Han® 1A has a low overall weight, especially compared to metallic connectors.
• Versatility: “Custom” solutions for a variety of applications due to the modular concept. Han® 1A offers inserts for the transmission of data, signal and power, as well as a wide range of accessories.
• Time savings: The simple “Mate & Click” design of all individual components allows the connector to be assembled in just a few seconds.
• Space-saving: Han® 1A components conform to the trend towards miniaturisation. At the same time, they enable the construction of robust Han® connectors – even for harsh industrial environments.
• Cost savings: The modular system consists of a small number of individual components. Virtually an unlimited number of solutions can be created from just a few different parts, which leads to a reduction of storage costs.
• Data transmission up to Cat. 6A: The Han® 1A is extremely versatile. In addition to power and signal transmission, it also enables high-speed data transmission.
• IP-protected, if necessary: An IP65 solution can be easily achieved by using housing elements or single-wire seals.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
© Divya Media Publications Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved